MORE ABOUT YOUR RACE
- There are Male, Female and Mixed teams categories (no age-groups).
- A team can have up to 4 members.
- A mixed team must have at least 1 female member.
- Each team member can run as many or as few legs as they like, and you can choose your leg length.
- The only stipulation is that your baton changeover is at an aid station. See note re AID STATIONS below.
- Your timing transponder is your baton and it must be passed from one team member to another at an aid station.
- Your transponder must be securely fastened to your ankle or the timing mat will not register your time.
- There is a $50 charge for lost transponders - secure it firmly!
AID STATIONS - TEAM RELAY CHANGE POINTS
There are 4 aid stations (3 of which are the team relay change points) on the K'Hake Marathon course. They are at Tirohia (13 km), Paeroa (21 km), Waikino (33 km), and 4.5 km from the finish line. They will provide water, electrolyte drink, and some fruit. The aid station 4.5 km from the finish is not accessible to support crews or the public, and it is not a relay change point.
You can arrange for your support crew to meet you at the aid stations to supply you with your preferred hydration and nutrition (see course map).
PLEASE NOTE: WE'RE A CUPLESS EVENT
Cups will not be provided at the aid station. Please BYO cup/bottle or carry your own nutrition/hydration requirements to help us reduce our event waste.
You should prepare to be self-sufficient for the duration of the race. The aid station will have some fruit, water, and electrolyte drink available to help with your race nutrition, however this should be considered a top-up only, and you shouldn't rely on it for your full race energy or hydration needs.
There will be a mid-course cut-off point at the Paeroa aid station at 1.00 pm, and the final cutoff at the finish line will be 4.00 pm.
GEAR BAG DROP
If you have some gear you'd like to discard and leave at the start line, then pick up again at the finish line, that's cool. We'll have a gear drop area at the start line and we'll happily transport your stuff to the finish line/event HQ for you so you can wrap up warm again after your race. Be sure to clearly mark your gear bag so it doesn't get picked up by somebody else by mistake.
BUSES TO THE START LINE
There will be a bus taking competitors from Waihi Station (Race HQ) to the start line in Te Aroha. You will arrive in time for a warm-up and the pre-race briefing. You can book your seat when you enter on-line.